It's Always Okay Even When It's Not

I had a talk with a friend of mine just now. I told her that I needed some opinions or ideas for my blog, since my brain has been refusing to produce some for quite a time. It turned out that we happened to talk about our favourite words, and both struggled to produce one (and this only proved that thinking about what we love is always harder than about what we hate). Haha. But she finally told me that the word 'okay' is one of her favourites. That gave me some ideas to write about. So here we go.

To produce feelings such as love, hatred, excitement, laziness and whatever, you name it, is an easy task. Most of the times, it happens naturally. But to respond to these feelings isn't going to be easy. We need to think before we do it. If we suddenly feel something about anything or anybody, we'll think if it's actually true. If someone says to us "Hey I love you" or "Damn I hate you", we don't simply say "Yeah, me too!". We'll think. And we'll think before we think. We'll do that and only then we respond.

However, despite having this thinking habit, we tend to submit ourselves to simple acceptance or ignorance, whether we like it or not. And the word 'okay' is the core to show the level of our feeling related to the response we produce. Don't believe me? Well, you're allowed to disagree. But please, keep reading.

'Okay' is always produced together with like, 88,000 intonations, and in fact I believe this word is definitely one of the most pronounced words in the whole world. It doesn't matter if each of us here speaks in different languages because everybody uses and understands this word, and its definition is universally understood (even though I still wonder why 'okay' and not 'ojay' or 'olay' or some other pronunciations).

When we accept a situation, we use 'okay' to show we're happy with it. For instance, "Okay, I accept that", "Okay, that is great!" and "Okay, I forgive you". If we don't want to accept it, we'll still use 'okay', but to show that we're trying to ignore it and just move on. Like, "Okay, whatever!", "Okay, your loss", and "Okay, fine!" Little do we know that in these short sentences there lies a hidden meaning that says, "I'm not happy, but I'm okay with it."

So my point here is very simple, and I'm going to put it in a form of a question. Do we realize that God loves us so much that He gives us a brain to produce such a word that reminds us that even in sadness, disappointment & complete darkness, we can still believe everything will end up alright? He loves us so dearly and wants us to know that there's still hope and we will be okay; in however way He decides.

6 comments:

Judiene April 10, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

yeah okay!
love this word
okay!
hahaha..

sometimes if we don't understand things that our friend trying to say, we'll say 'okay' but in a slow motion way, like 'ookayy'

=)

Igniz April 10, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

judiene: okay~ :D

I'm no Picasso April 10, 2010 at 8:56 PM  

Igniz -- You have no idea how much I needed to read something like this just now.

I always tell my friends, when something gets hard, "It will be okay. Because it has to be."

Thanks for reminding me of that, when I needed it too.

Igniz April 10, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

i'm no picasso: i'm glad to be of help. good luck there. :)

Anonymous April 11, 2010 at 12:50 AM  

hahaha... okay~~ bt i think okey n o.k are used widely rather than 'okay'... coz okay is mostly used by the british n australian people aite... however it still carries the same meaning... ngeee~~

anyway nice one mate.. haha.. coz ur brain still working n can come up wif ideas... Gud Job!! weee~~

Igniz April 11, 2010 at 6:51 AM  

anonymous that i actually know: haha. thank you very much! weeeee! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Think Before You Think.

Think Before You Think.

Interlude

Books are just papers with some ink on them. They mean nothing. But they'll become something when there are people reading them.

Dramatic Durian

You cannot click the picture unless you're a movie lover.

Let's Get Whiteboard-ed!

You cannot click the picture unless you want to learn English.